Sunday, November 06, 2005

Musings on life and laundry

I.hate.laundry no shock, it takes up too much time and just gets dirty again. I even know why I hate laundry. When I was a teenager, my mom worked and still did the laundry, I did the dishes and general straightening (with just the two of us in a 4 room apartment, this was NOT a lot of work) BUT when I annoyed her, the laundry became my job - a punishment. And at 41 I still look at laundry as a punishment. The sad thing, get ready to laugh, I did not realize until kid number 4 came along that they are the majority of my laundry. 2 teenage girls (who are doing most of their own now - thank the flying spaghetti monster) who change clothes hourly it seems and two preteen boys who couldn't stay clean to save their lives. I have to admit it is such a nice feeling when it is all done and the baskets are empty. However it isn't a feeling I get often.

2 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger The Stopper Family said...

Nice post - welcome to the blog world. I expect to see photos of the kids!

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Diana Sioux said...

Jaylene - I can SO sympathise! I did realize after just two kids that 95% of my laundry comes from them and DH. They often wear 2 sets of clothes per day (kids - school + sports; DH - work + casual-at-home). Harumph! Seems like, since I only make 5% of the dirty clothes, I should only have to wash 5% of them!! Sounds good, anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home