Monday, November 14, 2005

Never to be 16 again (thank FSM)

Gepford Gallery

Okay, I have been reading blogs for awhile now, started with my 16 year old daughters just to see that she wasn't being stalked by any internet ax murderer. Then I branched off to her friends by following the links. What have I learned from this: That there is not enough money in the world for me to be 16 again. These kids aren't comfortable in their own skins yet and are spending way to much time trying to be whatever anyone else wants them to be. Young love may be great, but give me my 18 year old, stuck in a rut marriage anyday. John knows all my faults and has either learned to accept them or has learned to keep his mouth shut about them either way it is great. 16 is full of angst, some of these kids are on cloud 9 at 8am and by the time they post at 8pm they have decided the world hates them. But my daughter (and all of her friends) know that I read her xanga (and theirs), so she communicates with me this way, safe, non confrontational and I even have a xanga id so I can comment - For a kid who doesn't like to communicate face to face this has been a lifesaver for us.

I have also branched out into reading adult blogs (much less angst ridden, far more entertaining) started with the blogs of some members of a scrapbooking board I read and linked on from theirs. Funny thing, the ones I have gotten the biggest kick out of are two husbands of members, but then again I have always understood men better than women. It is so interesting seeing some of the things we have discussed on the board from their point of view. Maybe John should start a blog so that I know what he is thinking. So if you are reading, comment, if you aren't..Well then carry on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home